Sunday, May 15, 2011

Figs

Mom has almost made it trough the last BIG bag of scraps.  I finally got caught up on my cutting so I went outside to work on my fig trees.  There was a lot of dead limbs in the trees and both were coming back from root.  Here I go, armed with a limb nippers, not sure what their real name is, and an electric chain saw.  I still have all my fingers, arms, legs and toes, so no worries there.  I worked for about 4 hours.  Now mind you, I am really out of shape, so every muscle and bone in my body was talking to me really loud last evening and are still crying this morning.  It is really hard for this old body to get around today.  I really hope the figs make it,  not sure I will have figs this year, but at least there is green growth, so I will keep my fingers crossed.  Mom and I should be able to start sewing sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment