Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kentucky Derby Day

Although I missed the Derby, I am sure all in attendance and those watching had a really good time.  Wish I could have been there to see all the ladies in their hats. 
This has been a very good day, this is the day the air conditioner came on.  Yep, it reached the magic number of 90 degrees.  The only thing better would be sipping Laura's Wine Tea while enjoying the cool air.  I will probably make some wine tea tomorrow, after all, it will be Mother's Day and I should enjoy it, Right?  My daughter should be here to help me drink it, heck, I may see if Mom wants a glass, then again, maybe not.
I cleaned the shop today so I could get my daughter's quilt marked and loaded on the machine, however, DH needed to use the shop to "modify the boat cover", so I let him have the shop for the afternoon and I will work on the quilt another time, maybe on Monday.
Mom and I continue to press and cut strips for our Stripy Quilt.  I will be getting my strips out soon to cut them to size for my Log Cabin Quilt.  I have been saving strips for quite some time, so I should have plenty, if not I will just borrow some from those Mom and I have been working on.  I need to decide  how big I want to make it, and what pattern I want to use.  It will be a curved log cabin and the dark will be all scraps and the light will be a consistent color.  I can hardly wait to get it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment