Thursday, September 8, 2011

Light at end of tunnel

We have been in a frenzy since my last post.  Carpenters putting the final touches on things, our bedroom has been painted, carpet is complete, blinds for living room and mom's room are on order, the siding people working and the ENDLESS cleaning we are doing.  Everything had to be taken out of the kitchen cabinets, the cabinets washed out, all the dishes had to be washed and dried, then all had to be put back.  The outside of the cabinets had to be cleaned and polished.  On the last day of my cleaning, "Wonder Boy and Roy" (our carpenters) showed up to blow insulation in the attic over the kitchen and den.  Needless to say, the dust from the insulation floated in and covered my freshly cleaned kitchen.  Anyone want to take a guess at just how mad I was?  Anyone who knows me, knows that cleaning is not on my top ten list of favorite things to do.  The remaining furniture is back in place just waiting for the new replacements to be purchased.  Have I mentioned that shopping is another thing that does not show up on my top ten list?  Gotta have mattress and box springs, chairs and sofa for the living room, sofa and recliner for the den.  Those are the big items, we have a long list of other personal items that were lost, but those are not needed as much as the furniture.  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter every day.  Yea!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment