Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Abby

My Miniature Schnauzer, Abby, came in yesterday and pawed my arm then pawed at her eye and I just petted her.  I did not think anything about it at the time, but a couple of hours later I noticed that her eye was very watery.  Upon closer examination we determined that something was definitely wrong, but of course it was after hours for the vet.  DH called first thing this morning and was able to get her in at 10am.  She has a severe corneal tear over 1/2 of her eye.  We are using an ointment 3 times a day and will pick up two other medications tomorrow to use and will take her back in one week for follow-up.  Sometimes these tears will heal and sometimes they require surgery to make a flap.  She may or may not lose some or all of her vision, it all depends on how well it heals.  To say the least, I have been on the verge of crying all day. 
Mom has had a good day today, she has felt better and has done some reading and actually did a little sewing for me.  She has been my "binding sewer downer" and has done several of the bindings on my quilts.  She does a really good job.  Gotta find some orange thread so she can work on my pumpkin quilt next week, that is if she needs something to do.  Here it is 8:36 pm and Mom is still up reading, she usually goes to bed about 8:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment