Saturday, April 23, 2011

Garage Sale

Yesterday was day 1 of the garage sale and, all in all, I would say we did pretty well.  Of course, the best stuff went first and I think we made about $300.  I am quite sure that we will not get that much today but we will give 'er a go.  I will check with the place associated with our church to see exactly what they need in donations and take that stuff to them.  A fella stopped by and left information on another place that takes donations of stuff and I will call them with the remainder of the items.
Mom did very well yesterday.  She started cutting the coupons from the paper then had PT at 9:00.  After PT she finished the coupons then started sorting the fabric scraps.  She worked on them until 9:00pm and got through one bag.  As she was going through the sewing room on her way to bed she stopped and counted the bags that were left to sort (3) and said "I still have a lot of work to do".
I have a lot of work yet to do today also.  Most of my packing is done, just the last minute stuff that I will use in the morning is left to pack.  I have laundry to do, day 2 of the garage sale, clean up after the garage sale, hose Mama down, and get myself hosed down and hopefully get a good nights sleep then get up at 5am and be ready to leave for Paducah at 6:30am.  I have my list of items I will be specifically looking for and of course all the gadgets that I simply must have.  It is going to be a fun time with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment