Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Quilt Show

Today began very early as Carol had a class that started at 8:30 and we are 45 minutes away.  We dropped Carol at the church and made a quick trip to Wal Mart for extension cords for our class on Friday.  We went to the Pavilion first, but there were no parking spots at all, so we decided to go back to the church and view the wall hangings, some very beautiful quilts there.  We went to the next place and it was a vendor area that was jam packed full of folks.  I did not feel comfortable with all these strangers being so close to me, but I managed to make it through all the miniature quilts and most of the vendors.  The next stop was not so crowded, but still had lots of folks there with more vendors and the Lancaster 2011 winners.  From there we went back to the church because I had left my orange notebook on a chair there and had to get it back, good news is that someone had turned it in and I have it back.  We ate lunch in the parking lot, then it was back to the Pavilion where the show winning quilts were on display - they are just beautiful - and there were more vendors.  From there we went to the Grace Episcopal Church where we learned how to do Bobbin Lace.  I really enjoyed the lesson and we made bracelets.  By the time we finished with our bracelet it was time to get Carol and head back to the Hideaway.  I am very tired tonight, so I am off to shower and go to bed because our day will start at 0530. 

No comments:

Post a Comment