Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Missed Posting

Well, I missed posting for two evenings now, so I thought I would catch up on this very early morning.  Monday was not a good day for Mom.  She seemed weak, her legs wanted to go out from under her and she had a hard time getting out of the chairs.  All she wanted to do was "rest".  PT came about 4pm and worked with her and gave us tips on how to get out of the chair.  The only chair that we have that sits high enough for her to get out of is a swivel/rocker, so I am thinking a new chair for Mothers Day, maybe a little early.  Tuesday was a better day, walking and standing seemed easier for her.  We worked on her stuff to see what she wanted to keep, discard or send to the garage sale.  Home health nurse came by to evaluate her and OT came by, evaluated her and announced that he did not see anything that she needed his help on, she was doing great as far a OT was concerned, so we will not be seeing him.  Whoo Hoo!! one less appointment.
I have a bunch to do today as I am leaving in the morning with my SIL to go to the NNNQG quilt retreat.  It has been an annual event for the last few years and it is so much fun.  I need to cut one more piece of fabric and it is a huge square then sub-cut on the diagonal.  I just do not want to tote my big square ruler, so I will cut here and tote the fabric.  I will be piecing a quilt for my daughter.  She actually purchased the quilt kit at the OKC Winter Quilt Show in 2008 and just has not been able to get it pieced.  So I asked her if she would like for me to do it for her, and after a short ponder on her part she said yes.  It is PINK, not my favorite color, but as she says, with a great southern drawl..."it's my signature color", I just love the movie Steel Magnolias.  I am off for my morning shower.  Will post again when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment